March 15 2018
Today, my class had a very productive feedback session in which 4-5 students gathered in one group to discuss their project. As each group member explained their ideas and showed their blog, the others listened and took mental notes which either praised or constructively criticized their progress thus far. Personally, I felt the time spent with my own group was very productive and I gained some good ideas on what will put our film opening on the right track.
My feedback group was engaged in the film opening as well as the chosen genre and story line. However, one of my peers mentioned how the timing of day that our opening takes place in might not be logical. He said we have to make sure the lightning is representative of what time it is and we have to be more clear on exactly how much time has gone by between cuts. I agreed this was important and discussed it with my group- who said it has to be obvious that the opening starts during the morning hours and ends once it is evening. The only challenge is making sure the outside scenes prove this, considering we can not control mother nature.
Something my feedback group liked was the "game" aspect of the film opening because it leaves for a great cliff hanger. My group and I were thinking of naming it "The Dangerous Game" until someone in my feedback group brought to my attention that the name has already been used in pop culture. Although the name of the game is a minor detail for now, my group and I will have to brainstorm new ideas.
Other than that, it was interesting to see other students' ideas, especially magazine covers since it seems the majority of my class chose the film opening option. I gave my peer an idea which she really liked and probably will use, so it was nice to feel my feedback was helpful and beneficial.
Today, my class had a very productive feedback session in which 4-5 students gathered in one group to discuss their project. As each group member explained their ideas and showed their blog, the others listened and took mental notes which either praised or constructively criticized their progress thus far. Personally, I felt the time spent with my own group was very productive and I gained some good ideas on what will put our film opening on the right track.
My feedback group was engaged in the film opening as well as the chosen genre and story line. However, one of my peers mentioned how the timing of day that our opening takes place in might not be logical. He said we have to make sure the lightning is representative of what time it is and we have to be more clear on exactly how much time has gone by between cuts. I agreed this was important and discussed it with my group- who said it has to be obvious that the opening starts during the morning hours and ends once it is evening. The only challenge is making sure the outside scenes prove this, considering we can not control mother nature.
Something my feedback group liked was the "game" aspect of the film opening because it leaves for a great cliff hanger. My group and I were thinking of naming it "The Dangerous Game" until someone in my feedback group brought to my attention that the name has already been used in pop culture. Although the name of the game is a minor detail for now, my group and I will have to brainstorm new ideas.
Other than that, it was interesting to see other students' ideas, especially magazine covers since it seems the majority of my class chose the film opening option. I gave my peer an idea which she really liked and probably will use, so it was nice to feel my feedback was helpful and beneficial.
Comments
Post a Comment