March 21 2018
I’ve been thinking about my part in our film opening and how serious I will have to be on camera. Naturally, I am a very goofy person and have a hard time keeping a straight face- especially in front of the camera. It should be interesting to see how many cuts are taken before I truly get into character.
The guys can’t relate to this because they have been more exposed to action-packed video games, movies, etc. Therefore they should have no problem getting into character regardless of how gory the scene may be. Personally, the more gory the more likely I am to accidentally smile or laugh.
To avoid annoying my group mates, I have decided to practice my lines and other actions in front of the mirror. I know a lot of theatre students who practice this way as well and say it’s an effective strategy for when the time actually comes and you’re being recorded.
Comments
Post a Comment