March 17 2018
My group and I started to film today which was relieving after all the planning we've done. It seems we will have to film each scene more than once to be completely satisfied with the shot, which is understandable and will just require patience. Right now we are seeing which shots correlate with the mood of our film, which seems to be high angles and dutch to emphasize urgency and action.
We also observed what time the sun goes down so by the time we are finalizing our shots, we know when we have to film shots that have to be in the dark or while the sun is still out. It looks like we have until 6:30 PM to shoot scenes that take place in the evening or else the quality is fuzzy and unclear. We also don't want the sun to cast a glare into the camera, so shots that are supposed to be in taking place in the morning will actually have to be filmed around 11:30-noon.
There is some conflict over how much to include in the opening as some of my group mates want to leave out scenes that I think are essential to concluding the film opening. For example, I want to touch more on who the players of the "game" are and their intentions more than others. I think it's important for the audience to have at least some understanding around it, since the rest of the film will obviously be based around them. Of course I want to keep the audience guessing, but there is a fine line between curiosity and frustration from uncertainty.
My group and I will continue putting the film opening together these next few weeks while figuring out the smaller details along the way. My goal is to be done filming by April 1st so we have enough time to edit and re-film scenes if needed.
My group and I started to film today which was relieving after all the planning we've done. It seems we will have to film each scene more than once to be completely satisfied with the shot, which is understandable and will just require patience. Right now we are seeing which shots correlate with the mood of our film, which seems to be high angles and dutch to emphasize urgency and action.
We also observed what time the sun goes down so by the time we are finalizing our shots, we know when we have to film shots that have to be in the dark or while the sun is still out. It looks like we have until 6:30 PM to shoot scenes that take place in the evening or else the quality is fuzzy and unclear. We also don't want the sun to cast a glare into the camera, so shots that are supposed to be in taking place in the morning will actually have to be filmed around 11:30-noon.
There is some conflict over how much to include in the opening as some of my group mates want to leave out scenes that I think are essential to concluding the film opening. For example, I want to touch more on who the players of the "game" are and their intentions more than others. I think it's important for the audience to have at least some understanding around it, since the rest of the film will obviously be based around them. Of course I want to keep the audience guessing, but there is a fine line between curiosity and frustration from uncertainty.
My group and I will continue putting the film opening together these next few weeks while figuring out the smaller details along the way. My goal is to be done filming by April 1st so we have enough time to edit and re-film scenes if needed.
Comments
Post a Comment